Sunday, April 3, 2011

Boots, Slides, and Showers!

I haven't broken my promise yet! This is the third blog I've written in a week. Yeah for me and how exciting for you!!
It has been a very busy weekend. On Saturday we went to Papa and Mammie's to visit Mamaw and Papaw who traveled a looooong way to visit! I didn't expect a present but I didn't say no to one either. I was thrilled to receive a pillow pet bunny!
 
IT'S SO FLUFFY I"M GONNA DIE!!!!!!

 
We had some lovely BBQ on Sat and then spent the afternoon outside. Unfortunately my parent's forgot the camera so you will just have to imagine the fun I had despite being greased up with sunscreen every 20 minutes.
Back at home I decided to indulge my new obsession...shoes!!! Every morning before breakfast I bring my choice of shoes to wear that day to my mom so she can help me "shoe up" for the day. On this particular day I thought I would try on a pair of boots that I had been eying for awhile.
 
 
Daddy's Boots!!!! I thought I looked spectacular in them (I also looked pretty cute in my new shirt which mom made for me out of one of her old shirts) but they were waaay to heavy and I couldn't budge from that spot. Since I had a lot to do that day I had to put on a more practical pair.
 
Tonight, after my nap and some dinner I took Mom and Dad to the playground because I know how much they love to play outside. Luckily Mom remembered the camera this time and didn't waste any time getting some "Sadie shots" as she likes to call them.
 
 
"Come on Mom...I know you're carrying extra weight but I don't want you to get lost!"
 
My first stop was the slide. I have recently discovered slides and can't get enough of them. The only problem is figuring out how to get to the top...
 
 
It makes sense to me that if I can go down I should be able to go up...but alas it never seems to work out this way and Mom won't let me try because she doesn't want me to be one of "those kids" whatever that means.
Dad was nice enough to show me the correct way to get to the top of the slide.
 
 
This was one of the more difficult ladders to climb but I did it all by myself and couldn't help celebrating a little once I reached the summit.
 
 
I tell you what...the view from the top was pretty stunning...but now it was time to slide.
 
 
I initially needed a little help from dad so that my bum didn't get away from me.
 
Here we go...
 
 
Any minute now...
 
 
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
 
 
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
 
 
I was so quick Mom only got a picture of my hair blowing in the wind!
 
 
After sliding down the red slide about 100 more times I HAD to try the blue one...
 
 
WEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! It was just as much fun!!!
 
After the sliding fun I wanted to try the swings. I vaguely remember the swings from last summer. In case you forgot though here is a pictorial reminder...
 
 
HEE HEE HEE. I was so young and naive back then. As you can see I was enjoying the swings so I was sure I would enjoy them this year. The only problem was, the swings at the Hart park looked a little different from what I remembered...
 
 
These didn't look quite as safe as the bucket I remembered from my first swinging experience so I did what any child would do when faced with a challenge. First I mentally calculated the length and width of the swing and using my current weight (24 pounds) came up with an algorithm to figure out how high and fast I would go in relation to the ground...
 
 
Second, I had my dad help me onto the swing and give me a push...
 
 
SUCCESS!!!
 
 
Or at least I thought it was a success but I guess my math must have been off slightly because one minute I was soaring through the air and the next minute the world flipped upside down and I was on my back in the hamster cage shavings.
Mom panicked and didn't get a picture of that but she did manage to capture Dad wiping all the wood shavings off my shorts...
 
 
How humiliating. They will pay for this one day.
 
After our evening park excursion I was smelling pretty ripe so a shower was in order. Yes, I take showers now because I'm practically grown. There were some pictures taken but they are not blog appropriate so you will have to make do with the after shower pictures.
 
You may say I'm spoiled but I'm not...just well taken care of. After a nice hot shower I am so relaxed that walking on my own becomes almost impossible. Luckily my Dad always comes through...
 
 
Cleanliness is next to godliness they say...whatever that means.
Afterward Mom decided to trim my bangs. I don't have to tell you that she has never been trained in cosmotology, the picture speaks for itself.
 
 
SIGH. Don't worry. I'm cute enough to pull off the too short bangs look.
I ended the night with an episode of Little Einsteins (my absolute favorite show ever) brushing my teeth and plenty of hugs and kisses from Mom and Dad.
 
That's it for me this weekend. I don't know what the next week will hold for me but I can guarantee you will want to stay tuned.
 
Until then...

No comments: