Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter: Part 1

Well good morning all! I have had a VERY busy couple of weeks. In fact I have been so busy that I fear I may have neglected my health. I woke up last night feeling not so hot. Staying in my crib was, of course, out of the question so I cuddled up with Mom and Dad in the big bed. I tossed and turned enough that Dad finally went to sleep in the living room and I had his entire side to myself...you see I have to sleep sideways. I didn't get a great night's sleep because Mom kept getting up, I don't think she feels good either. So this morning we are cuddling on the couch, watching Blue's Clues, blogging, and generally feeling under the weather. I thought it was a perfect opportunity to share the last two weekends with my adoring public. I was happy to get to visit Nana and Duke and see all my cousins the week before last.

Here I am with one of my most favorite people in the world...Amaya. She is awesome. She knows lots of things and I want to be just like her when I'm 8!



We went to Caden's soccer game. Isn't he the coolest?



Jordan and I spent quite a bit of time in the ditch! He could crawl up and down that hill soooo fast. It took me a little longer, not because I'm smaller but because it's very difficult to climb a steep hill without actually touching the grass....ewwww grass!



Did you notice my awesome hat? I loooove fancy headwear.

I also love soccer and tried to join the game a few times. I was thwarted everytime but I did attempt to take home a couple of favors after the game.



Once again, things didn't go my way. I was so upset that I didn't get to keep the soccer balls that Duke had to bribe me with something better than sports gear...



Money!!! Ahhhh....smells so monetaryish.

After eating a yummy meal at Chuey's on Sunday I discovered a little splash area in the Highlands. Last year I hated water but I think I will like it this year. Mom and I ventured in to get our feet wet and enjoy the nice weather. (Disclaimer: There were better pictures of the two of us but Mom is feeling self conscience about the baby bump and since she chooses the pictures this is what you get...)





Soooo refreshing!! I can't wait to go back.

Now onto Easter weekend! We spent Easter with Papa and Mammie. I'm still learning about all this holiday stuff. I was a bit concerned with the whole Santa thing...I mean a fat old man sneaking into MY house while I'm sleeping and leaving me stuff? Doesn't that sound a bit like a set-up on To Catch A Predator? So when my parents told me about a gift giving bunny...I was skeptical to say the least. But the rabbit didn't disappoint (or kill anyone in their sleep) so I was super thrilled to see all the swag I got in my Easter basket.

No, the dog didn't come in the basket...Mom isn't too crazy about having pets right now so that particular dream of mine is going to have to wait (and yes, I blame "she who must not be named"...aka...my little sister who currently doesn't have a set name)



I got super cool purple sunglasses (a girl can never have too many pairs)


New books. I was running out of quality reading material.


What is this thing? Is it alive!?!?!


Oh wait...it's a shower puff. I take showers now so I need the appropriate materials. Thanks Bunny!

I also had my first taste of Peep! It felt wrong eating a helpless little pink chick. The taste wasns't bad but the pink sugar all over my fingers topped off with a dose of stickiness was just too much for me. I don't think I will be partaking of Peeps again any time soon.


Well. I have much more to say and I know you are on the edge of your seats wondering how hunting eggs went and what I wore but that will have to wait until the rest of the pictures upload. Hopefully I can get it all up later on today!

Happy Monday thus far!



No comments: