Monday, April 11, 2011

This N' That

I am so sorry that my mom hijacked the last blog to put up a video of the Usurper...I mean Ellie. Mom and Dad said I have to be nice to Ellie because one day she may be bigger than me. That doesn't really make sense since I am 2 years older but more often than not, my parents don't make sense and there is no point in arguing.
There isn't much going on lately but I know how much my public needs me so I asked Mom to take the camera along with us these past couple of days so she could take some pictures of me just living my life. The last few weekends have been so much fun! First I got to visit with Mamaw and Papaw 2 weekends ago and this past weekend Meme and Poppi came to see me! So we packed up the car to go to Crosbyton again, our first stop was a softball game. I had to suit up for that and since my parent's forgot to pack appropriate head wear for the game I had to steal my dad's....

 
I took his glasses too for good measure!
 
I really do not enjoy the west Texas wind and it was crazy today...
 
LOOK! I almost stepped in poo! Did my mom try and stop me, of course not, she was just going to let me tread on the poo. I don't care what she said, it WAS poop, NOT chocolate!
 
After the poo incident I wasn't feeling the love so I had to go to Papa who always understands my troubles. 
 
 
 
See what I mean...he was very empathetic about the issues I have with my parents...and he's REALLY tall. I can see miles away when he picks me up :)
 
I'm not sure how this happened but at one point during the game it would appear I wandered off a bit to far and the next thing I knew, I was trapped in the adjoining field. To make matters worse a dirt devil blew in and hurt my beautifully delicate eyes! So I was trapped and blind...does that seem like a Kodak moment to anyone else? Yeah I didn't think so!! And don't think it was all my mom just because she was holding the camera...my sources tell me it was my loving father who shut me in! Would anyone like to adopt a slightly neurotic yet delightful almost 2 year old?
 
Overall I had a wonderful weekend and I wish we had gotten pictures of me with the great-grandparents but my mom was too preoccupied with sitting on the couch. So moving on...
I'm sure most toddlers my age can relate to the pain and suffering that is naptime. For as long as I can remember I have been forced to lay in bed for hours and hours until either my mom or I give in...that means she either gives up and sets me free, or my body betrays my mind and I fall asleep. Either way I'm thinking of starting a union to protect my rights to NOT sleep during perfectly good daylight hours.
I was doing so well today during naptime. I was jumping from one side of my bed to the other, shaking the side of the crib (I'm proud to announce that I have officially broken it and now they have to buy Ellie a new one HA HA), I even did some lovely experiments with the pitch and volume of my voice...I cannot for the life of me figure out how this happened...
 
 One minute I was going strong, the next I heard that telltale annoying clicking sound that let me know Mom had the camera out.
 
 
Yes, I was perturbed but even I have to admit that I am absolutely adorable when I sleep.
 
 
As I slowly woke up I turned to give that woman a piece of my mind but she no doubt anticipated my impending snarkiness because she jumped in real quick with the words she knows I can never resist...the best words EVER!  "You're Daddy's home!!!!!"
 
 
I love seeing my Daddy when he gets home from work and he lives to spend time with me! We spent a few lovely minutes cuddling and catching up.
 
It's always interesting to see what my Mom has been up to while I'm napping. Today she went through all those baby clothes that are too small for me now seeing as how I am a "big girl". She washed, organized, and packed all those clothes so they would be ready and easily accessible whenever Ellie needs them. She was proud of her accomplishment (her life is a little sad isn't it?) but I was itching to do something else...wait for it, you will be impressed.
 
 
TA DA!!! I climbed all the way to the top of the bins BY MYSELF!!!
 
 
I'm usually the shortest person in the house and I had no idea how wonderful the accoustics were from up here. I couldn't resist bellowing out my favorite showtune, Old Man River. If you've never heard my falsetto version of Old Man River than you are missing out!
 
Well that is going to be it for me today. We are going to go play at the park for awhile, followed by bathtime and then bed.
Stay tuned because exciting things are on the horizon! We are going to visit Nana and Duke in a few days and I'm sure there will be lots of blog worthy adventures to write about when I get back.
 
Until then...
 
 

No comments: