Sunday, March 27, 2011

5 Stages of Grief.

I thought my mom had gone a little nuts. When we moved to our new house in Hart she spent a couple of months laying on the couch all day everyday. I assumed she was having trouble adjusting to tiny town life but what I really didn't understand was why she would hang out with her head in the toilet some days...that just didn't seem sanitary. I tried to see what she was doing but she wouldn't let me get close enough to see what was so interesting about the toilet. This was just the beginning of Mom's strange behavior. FINALLY, she started eating again and came back to the land of the living. I was so happy that she finally seemed to be getting used to our new life but then, out of nowhere, she became obsessed with her stomach! Now I don't know much about life yet but it seems like most women try and hide their bellies when they start to gain a little weight but not my mom! Nope, she would call me and daddy in to look at her belly and she even STARTED TALKING TO IT!!! She wanted me to talk to her belly too. I didn't really want to but I love my mom so I thought I would play along and I started a fun game of "beeping the belly button" whenever she would show it to me. I thought that would be the end of it so you can imagine my surprise when she named her belly button Ellie. I was seriously worried about my mother's sanity and the scariest part was that dad started to lose it too! He started calling Mom's belly button by it's new name (Ellie) and talking to it also! What was going on?!?!?
Well....I may be a little late to the party but at least I showed up! After watching my parents go through all my old clothes that are too small now, seeing my mom play with those boring babies with this crazy look in her eyes, and leaning against mom only to be kicked in the back by her bellybutton...it all became crystal clear! I was one of those toddlers whose life was going to be turned upside down by the presence of a baby sister. AHHHHHHHHHHH!
Naturally I went through the 5 stages of Toddler Grief.


Shock and disbelief. (With a healthy dose of binge eating)





Catatonic fits.




Uncontrollable crying. (In the car for optimum parental annoyance)



Running away. (Difficult when you need a parent to push the car)



And finally....


Challenging my dad to a duel. (It was a draw due to the swords being made of foam)



After some extensive chocolate therapy I have come to accept that my territory is about to be usurped by a screaming, pooping, layabout little sister!



A few days ago I wasn't very excited to go to the sonogram place and see pictures of the usurper but my attitude quickly changed when I saw my little sister's sweet face. Check it out!













Isn't she the cutest?! Does she look familiar? Let me refresh your memories.

This is Ellie...



And this is me.......(Sadie in case you forgot)





Peas in a pod!! Except I have my eyes closed because I hate opening my eyes under water. It doesn't seem to bother Ellie.
Here's a few more of me just because...





So now everyone can stop wondering how I am doing with the news of a baby on the way. I take my emotions one day at a time and I am reading some literature on how to cope when things don't go your way (those Care Bears really know how to speak on my level)
I will do my best to keep everyone up to date. For now, I think I should cuddle up in MY crib (I"m not sharing) and dream of days gone by.
Goodnight.

No comments: