Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Myth of Nesting

I can't speak for other preggos but for me, I find the whole idea of "nesting" to be a myth. For those of you who aren't familiar with pregnancy lingo "nesting" is a pregnant woman's overwhelming urge to clean and organize everything in sight during the last few weeks before the baby is born. Supposedly it is a burst of energy that makes you a neurotic, OCD, clean freak. Well, school is finally out (YEAH!!!) and I have rested like I am supposed to and I am still waiting for this particular instinct to set in. There are piles of laundry to do, the kitchen and dining room are an unholy mess, and I really need to clean out my closet and throw stuff away. At this point I don't know how it's going to get done because I can't take a shower without needing a nap afterward. Apparently I fall into the small bracket of women who experience the opposite of the nesting instinct, it's called "beached whale instinct" and basically all you can do is lie around, watch hours of the TCM channel and play solitaire on the computer. Luckily I did manage to get all of Sadie's clothes, blankets, burp towels etc...washed and put away in her room in an orderly fashion. We also managed to get her room pretty much put together so that is a huge load off. The following are pictures of little Miss Sadie's boudoir. Enjoy!




Here is her crib. She won't be sleeping in it right away so it is still a work in progress. We put her diaper cake that my mom and Becca made for my shower inside just because it was too pretty to take apart. The diapers are a size two so we don't need them quite yet. The bear was Robby's when he was a baby. Don't worry, we will remove everything from the crib before Sadie goes in.





Sadie's changing table. I set up the table for a right-handed person even though Robby is left-handed and will be doing his fair share of diaper duty. My reasoning was that since I have changed more diapers then he has I am set in my ways. He can adjust.


This is a semi-creepy picture I threw in for good measure.



Robby did an excellent job putting together the pack n play for the living room. Aren't we the cutest first time parents. We even have the diaper caddy ready to go. We figured this was easier than running up and down the stairs everytime she needed a change. Although that would probably help with losing the baby weight:)

This is the super-cute wall decals that Robby's grandmother made for us. They match the sheets perfectly and I think they really add a lot to the room. Love em!

And last but not least, I had to throw in pictures of our sweet puppies. They are insanly curious about the baby's room. They know something is going on. They are funny to watch.





The rule is no dogs allowed in the baby's room but as you can see Betty is having a bit of trouble understanding the rule. Don't let her size fool you. That big lug is only 8 months old and still very much a puppy.





Our sweet little cuddle bug Josie is a little older and wiser so she has a better grasp of the "no dogs allowed in the baby's room" rule as you can cleary see. Josie is literally the perfect pet!


Well that is all I have to say for today. I am going to go and try to make a dent in my mess of a house. I am full-term today so my mom really wants me to pack my hospital bag so that is my Wednesday goal! Wish me luck and have a pleasant afternoon!

No comments: