Sunday, February 12, 2012

Valentine's Day (A little early this year)


I know, I know. I don't blog enough. I have a good excuse though...my computer is really old and it takes a year to do anything annnnnd...I have two kids who enjoy my company and demand my presence at all times.  However, today is a snowy day (don't get me started, I HATE snow) and we are having a lazy day (even though we wanted to go to church this morning) so I decided I could take a couple of hours to blog. 
Yesterday we took our two little valentines to celebrate! Growing up it took me a few years to realize that Valentines Day was a romantic holiday for most people because we were always our Dad's valentines and we would get a box of chocolates every year. In fact, we still get a box of chocolates even though we have extended our family of valentines to include husbands, boyfriends (Jen, not me) and kiddos! I am not eager for that tradition to end any time soon! 
Anywhoo, to start off our Valentine celebration we went to Fuddruckers to eat lunch. It was a little nippy out so Sadie got a chance to wear her super cool hat. She didn't want to take it off. Now, as most of you parents know it is nearly impossible to get a picture of a toddler's full face so I was super psyched to get this shot! 

 Savi wanted in on the fun too! Aren't my girlies pretty in pink (and purple). Here we are waiting for Daddy to get our drinks and cheeseburgers!

 This is my ill fated attempt to get a shot of me with the girls. I think Savi's little eyes over the table is HILARIOUS!
This was the fifth picture I took of Robby and Savi and it's the closest thing to a smile I could get from him. I think he does that just to annoy me.



After a delicious lunch of cheeseburgers, fries and cookies we packed up our precious cargo to head to the Science Spectrum! Savi is pretty generous with her smiles but that doesn't mean I don't want as many pictures of them as I can get. SHE'S SO CUTE!!!!


Before we left the restaurant I had to get a picture with my Sadie Bug. She was more interested in eating her cookie and people watching but it works nonetheless.

 Now, I am going to turn the blog over to the girls. The Science Spectrum has a new Children's Musuem with lots of cool stuff for small kids to do. They wanted to narrate their own adventures of this day. First up is Savi!

Thank you Mother. I shall begin with how various toys tasted. I didn't get the chance to taste everything because my parent's kept saying "NO!" and taking the things away but I did manage a few licks here and there. This was a fish that tasted nothing like what I imagine fish should taste like. I tried to send it back to the kitchen but Mom just wiped it off and tossed it back in the fish bin.

 Here I am with a miniature replica of a World War II machine gun. I don't know how we won that war with such shoddy weapons. All this did was blow some pinwheel things around. I guess Germans are a light bunch.
 After experimenting with heavy artillary I rode my first Hog! It didn't have a lot a horsepower but I guess that is a good thing because I didn't want to scare the other kids with my dare devil speed!

This was my least favorite exhibit. The stones were supposed to light up but I guess they were ageist because they wouldn't light up for babies. The only reason this one is illuminated is because my mom stepped on it. I plan on writing a strongly worded letter.

 Oh ok...this is hilarious. I can hardly type I'm laughing so hard. Tee Hee Hee! This was the pet shop room where we can play with various stuffed dogs only Mom put ME in one of the kennels! It was so funny!!!! I'm not a dog but I'm in the dog pen. Bwha ha ha ha!!! My mom is such a card sometimes!
 The dogs are fake? Right Mom? Right?????

Oh yeah, I can walk now. I'm pretty much grown up like Sadie. 
Ah, here I am in a boat. I won't ask why there is a boat in the middle of what is clearly a forest. I also don't know why my mom thought this was a moment to capture but she kept giggling something about a tiny baby, big boat. Whatever.

 Now is the time for me to introduce you to my stalker. Apparently she thought I was "the bee's knees" because she proceeded to follow me around for about 15 minutes. Here I was just trying to enjoy the ding ding tree (those colored things ding...in case you were confused) and she kept trying to take my bow off and bascially get all up in my grill.
 Is she still there? I am trying to ignore her.

 Here we are at my favorite part of the museum!!! It was a tunnel with fish tanks on either side and above me. It didn't take me long to figure out that they weren't really fish tanks but TV screens. I don't think other children will be as astute as I am but it was still enjoyable. Yes, I realize my stalker is still there. Creepy right?
 Ok, I was trying to be tolerant of the crazy baby but trying to hone in on my precious Daddy time is the last straw! Where is this child's parents? He is MY Daddy and I am about to open a can of whoop diaper on this chick!
Finally "someone's" parent's came an got here and Daddy and I were able to resume our memory making together. Isn't he just the cutest?!

Now I know I was going to let Sadie tell her adventures next but my mom started this blog at 4:00 in the afternoon and it is now almost 8. I think it's safe to say that due to all the interruptions and YouTube not working properly she has lost her enthusiasium for this particular post. I'm sure she will allow Sadie to have a turn tomorrow. Goodnight!





 


No comments: