Sunday, October 12, 2008

Red River Rivalry!


This weekend we were invited to go to the Texas/OU game at the Cotton Bowl with our friends from church, Andrea and Anton. Robby is a huge Texas fan and he has never been to a game before so this was a no-brainer. The fun part of the story is that Andrea and Anton are huge OU fans and the tickets were on the OU side. As the four of us were walking into the fair grounds we got strange looks from both sides. One guy shouted out "there's a lot of love here" as he pointed to us. Once we got to our seats though we were a little nervous being surrounded by a sea of red but luckily there were two Texas fans right behind us so we weren't totally alone and Robby wasn't about to hide his Texas Pride!






The game was so exciting that even I watched it and I have never been what you would call "a football fan" but I can't deny that this was a good game. Texas was a little slow at the beginning and as Robby became more and more surly I thought, "great, we are invited to hang out with friends and Robby is going to be angry and quiet the whole time." Happily, the boys picked up their game in the second half and went on to win 45 to 35. Robby was ecstatic and the rest of the evening was fun!

At 2:00 minutes till the end of the game Texas scored and the Sooner fans knew that is was pretty much over so they all started leaving the stadium in droves. Since Robby and I depended on two such Sooner fans to take us home we left too. We didn't mind because the thrill of winning was enough to sustain us but I couldn't resist snapping a few shots of the down-trodden OU fans shuffling out with their tails between their legs.










Hee Hee Hee!








...and here's a closer shot!









Anyway, we had a great time and not just because Texas won. I promised Robby that we would try and go to a game in Austin sometime. I still could care less about the NFL but I am well on my way to actually being a Longhorns fan. I think Robby actually loves me more now ;)

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow... I am so proud of you and your blogging! I'm even going to add you to my "blogroll".

Feel proud. :)

beccadawnruss said...

So, you've been nominated and now you have to do it. Check out my blog and get the details!
LOVE!

Amanda said...

okay, it has been over a month... time for a new post... and don't tell me you have nothing to write about!

Amanda said...

And PS.... We (Texas Tech) totally kicked some Longhorn booty a couple weeks ago. Sooo... was Robby sad? At least it was a really good game!